Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Washington DC

Robert and I had a little getaway of sorts over spring break.  He had a fire chiefs convention over the weekend so I went up early with him and we saw the sights of Washington DC.  Magnificent is an understatement.  Neither one of us had ever been there before so we tried to see as much as we could in three days...IMPOSSIBLE...is what we found out but it was fun and exhausting trying.  We hit the streets the minute we checked into the hotel.  We hit the Air and Space museum, Holocaust museum, the Capital, the White House, Senate, Congress, Smithsonian Castle, National Archives Museum, Lincoln Memorial, WWII memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, Union Station, Washington Monument, some cherry blossoms(not full bloom), and I'm sure I'm missing a few things.  It was an incredible experience to see all the history there in such a small area.  I can't wait to go back.  It is so beautiful and easy to get around that I could see myself living there if life here wasn't so great. Here are some of the pics from our trip.




                                                            Inside the Capital tour



                                                         so much fun on our segways.








                                                      Where our supreme court resides

0 comments: