Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Excursion to the Christmas tree farm

Growing up I never had the pleasure of having a real Christmas tree...we always had a beautiful tree but it wasn't real. I always wanted one and I thought to myself, hopefully I'll have a great husband that will want a real tree...I definately have that...so every year since we have been married, we travel down to get a real tree and cut it down ourselves...it's always a lot of fun. This year I wanted to put the tree in the family room so the tree could be BIGGER. We usually put the tree in the dining room and it has an 8ft ceiling. It wasn't fun in there because we could never see it. I wanted Addison to be able to see it every night...long story short...the big tree was a nightmare and it's only a foot or so bigger.

loving the hay ride to cut the tree down


checking out what the heck daddy is doing with this tree


saying cheese


in it's final resting place after falling a few times, it seemed so much smaller in the open field...we are crammed in the family room around this thing.

0 comments: