You can't see her very well but you can definately hear her...this is what our life is like when she doesn't have the binkie in her mouth...i am at a loss for what to do with this situation. i absolutely hate the thing but everyone keeps telling me she won't go to kindergarden with it...so should it stay or should it go...
i want it gone but she feels just a little differently about it and she lets you know it...any suggestions???
and this whining is constant...it doesn't end...and the only reason she doesn't have it is because we were getting her dressed for bed...it's crazy
Saturday, July 12, 2008
The dreaded binkie...
Posted by The Logan Clan at 8:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Neither of the girls took a binkie, but Stacey sucked her fingers. It was good in that she always had them, but bad in that I could not take them away. There is a point that you can take it away when they are very young and don't understand, or you have to wait until they are old enough to rationalize with them. Sounds like you are in between with Addison. I tried a finger guard with Stacey at about the same age (14 months). She cried until we took it off. So we waited. Around Thanksgiving (18 months) she was beginning to talk and say words, and she could understand most of what we said, we tried again. This time it worked because we made a big deal out of it...I put some pink ribbon on it a and we talked about her pretty bracelet. After 6 weeks, she finally stop sucking her fingers and she didn't have to wear it any more. Once she is old enough, take her to build-a-bear and put it in with the stuffing. Whatever you do, make a big deal out of it. (And what they say about them not going to Kinder with it...they are obviously not in education because I have known several who kept them in their backpacks. You should have to take a test before you can ovulate!)
Calyn actually came off of the bottle before she came off the binky. We started by keeping her distracted during the day once she was a little older (closer to two) and only letting her have it at night. Then it was only if she fell and got hurt. Eventually we just got rid of them all. She still asked about them, but we told her the binky fairy took them.
Mommie, Nana is writing this note to you for me, addison grace logan, cause nana knows what i am saying about that tape. nana said that tape made her sad, not real sad, but mad, really mad. i was crying loud in that tape. and guess what mommy, nana's volume does not work but nana knows i was crying loud. dont take my binkie away. i won't go to real school with it. haha mommy. nana and i have a suggestion for you...just give me my binkie and then don't look. then i will be happy and you too. i am a sweet little girl. nana and i hopes everyone tells you to just leave my binkie in my mouth. nana said you were two yrs old when the trash man took your binkie. haha...love you mommy
Oh Addison Grace...such a cutie pie you are. So much cuter without that binkie in your mouth...got that Nana?! Just playing, but I have heard to try cutting holes in all of them and then she won't want them anymore. My kids never took the darn things, so I wouldn't know. There were many times I wished they would, but now I'm thankful they wouldn't. Good luck!!
I see you've got your sister-in-law blogging now too!! I like the peer pressure..ha!
See you soon.
Curry
Post a Comment